Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Solution for Mouse drift

Hello Friends!

I have already explained about the solution for the mouse drift, but i feel it was not sufficient enough. So, i have done some more research on how to solve mouse drift.
I am a gamer and I love to play games all day but suddenly one day my mouse pointer is acting weird, the pointer is moving in it's own direction. I am not able to target, select the segment i want to. Yes, very annoying! this happen to me and the problem was, i used to run a lot of programmes in the back ground while gaming. So, I did some research and found out that, Mouse pointer drift when there are too many applications running in the background. It was advised to close all the programmes running in the background. Hmmm! it didn't work for me though, may be will work for some.

I have also found out that sometimes just by changing the power supply to the PS/2 you or changing the PS/2 port might solve your problem. Online many have found this solution to be very successful. I dint get the chance to try it though as mentioned in my previous post my problem was solved by just reinstalling the Operating system from scratch.

I have found that most of the people who have this mouse drift problem, have either installed "Windows XP Service Pack 2" or upgraded their machine with a new firmware. Usually the service pack installed in the machine downloaded from the internet, i.e the pirated ones have spyware embedded in it, leading to mouse pointer drift. There are some websites which give you a good copy of the software but how tell who. So, I strongly suggest that people to have it downloaded from the Microsoft website. One more option is to download from a geninue website but wouldn't recommend though.

1 comment:

  1. My pointer was drifting like crazy and driving me Mad. 'Nuf said. I right click on desktop go to properties, then screensaver, set time to 5 minutes, click on settings, set amount of stars to 50. Click apply, click O.K. Turn the computer off. Wait 10 seconds, turn it on and voila no more drift. It goes where I want it to go and stays there. I was using MS "Starfield" saver. Hope this helps some.

    ReplyDelete